orgasms Causing Contractions when does that go into effect??

I heard that Orgasms and having sex can make you go into labor. I also heard that this doesnt work until you are far enough in your pregnancy.....

SO MY QUESTION IS-----
WHEN can having sex help you go into labor?? how far along do you have to be?? Anyone know??

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 3:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think its different for every pregnant woman.....your own body has to be ready to go into labor.....

Its really the semen that causes the labor to begin.... it worked for me!!!!....

I dont know if the orgasm itself starts labor???
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• oh lol i thought orgasms too because it helps you contract... idk. HA
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• The contractions cant hurt....but I think its mainly the sperm that gets the job done! hehehehe......
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Orgasms will make your uterus contract possibly triggering labor. But there is also something in semen that is supposed to bring on labor. I had a ton of sex at the end of all 3 of my pregnancies and was late with all of them. Actually, I tried everything I heard that would bring on labor and nothing worked! IMO, the baby will only come when he/she is done cooking. All the success stories of starting labor with these tricks are coincidence!
    Anonymous

• orgasms cause uterine contractions even before pregnancy. An orgasm all by itself won't cause you to go into labor but it can help with early dilatation of the cervix and the semen will help soften the cervix as well.
    Anonymous

• Oh.... I just read my answer.... I had sex AND orgasms. Sex was so good when I was expecting! *sigh*
    Anonymous