what is this rash?

The dr's phone was busy lol so till i get an appt. I thought I'd ask on here. That way I can be more prepared. My sons rash is kinda hard to distinguish. Not all are the same. The rash on his legs are small bumps, some is bundles making it look like one big rash, some of the tiny bumps are by themselves. His elbows have that rash but it looks more scaly, and a rash by his ankle looks like something that lotrimin could take care of...the other bumps dont look like something lotrimin takes care of. Any ideas by the description? I cant get a good clear photo. Could it be eczema? Does it "spread"? like this one seems to be doing?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• i'd say eczema, and possible yeast type infection...eczema would cause the scaly stuff, the yeast infection would cause the tiny pimple type bumps... common to have both, however they both require a different treatment...
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• is he itching??
    how long has he had it
    blisters?
    any new things he has done lately, new places, new pets, new school
    age of son
    anyone else in family have any rash
    do they look like bug bites
    is he allergic to any foods, pets etc
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• he doesnt seem itchy at all! I just noticed it the end of last week, no blisters, nothing new, he's 28 months old, I'm not sure if anyone in the family has this same rash for possible genetic tracing, they dont quite look like bug bites...maybe reallt small pimples with a tiny head (not poppable kinda head if that makes sense)...he doesnt have any pet or food allergies that I know of. He hasnt tried any brand new foods lately. He did have a sensitivity to green pepper when he wasn an infant, but the rash he got was around his mouth and it went away that day. He hasnt had any green pepper lately.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• any artifical food dyes?
    mine daughter had rash for months!!
    until i found red 40 was her cause
    , yellow 5 blue 1 are others
    and LAKE dye is from petrolium

chigger bites?
    scabies?

write down anything new in last few eeks, even if it sounds stupid, maybe you find answer tht way??
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• definately not chigger bites. the bumps are small, not blistery
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It could be anything and only a doctor can tell you for sure. Someone needs to look at the rash along with finding out activities, foods eaten,etc. If the doctor doesn't answer then take your child to a walk in clinic, call first and let them know he has a rash so they can make a decision to isolate him from other patients in case he is contagious.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:48 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Has he ate anything new? Played outside near poison ivy or anything?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:35 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• sound like eczema-- give him some benadryl-- get an rx for some fluticisone tomorrow and change to a mild soap like fragerance free Dove or Castile (Dr Browners_
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I'd say eczema. Try his Dr again, best to get him seen just in case
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2010