Is it socially acceptable for my 2 year old to wear a sleeper in public?

I am sick as hell and will be going to the clinic later. Its cold for the first time here today and all it kind of caught me off guard. The only warm thing I have for my 2 year old son to wear is a sleeper. Even if I did have something cute I don't feel well enough to really dress him. Would it be a big deal to have him go with me dressed like that?

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 3:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• No. If I'm going to run out real quick close to the kiddo's bedtime I dress them in their PJ's to go out. Or if it's a quick trip early in the morning. Don't worry about what's socially acceptable. If it works for you then go for it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:56 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Your sick, it's only the doctors office...= Who the hell cares? Just do it and scowl/cough on anyone that looks at you sideways.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I sometimes just dress my daughter (she's 2) in a sleeper if I'm just going on a quick errand and coming back home.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Well, since teens and adults seem to think that lounge pants are appropriate, I don't see where a sleeper would be any different.

If you were planning on going shopping, I would say no to lugging him around town in it but you are sick and going to the clinic. I wouldn't stress about it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Generally, I think children (and adults) should be dressed properly when out in public. But you're making a trip to the dr.'s office, not to a party or to school or something. So no, I sure don't see a problem with it.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• You know I was in this same situation yesterday!! My son only had Toystory PJ pants. So he wore them plus a jacket to the store to get jeans. LOL people looked at me funny but you knowwhat who cares my sons warmth is more important to me then what fashion statement he makes. Don't sweat it mamma!!
    countryhotmama

Answer by countryhotmama at 3:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think it's appropriate for a kid to wear whatever they want in public, haha. My son dresses himself every day and sometimes is very mismatched, but he is a kiddo. Their job is to be weird and look cute. :)

I wouldn't be worried about other people's opinions. It's not their place to judge you or your child's attire.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 3:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• There's nothing wrong that. They are kids...unless your taking them out in their underwear:-) Everyone, especially mothers understand those days
    novice2008

Answer by novice2008 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think it's fine but if it has the feet attached, I would bring him in a stroller, I wouldn't let him walk around there then get into bed with dirty feeties. Who cares what people think, do what works for you. I love feetie PJ's, they're adorable.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Don't worry about it, just take him in what works for you.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2010