What kind of Rash is this?

my 15 month old Boy has a rash across his abdomen, it doesn't seem to bother him, it is not red, or inflammed at all, just a lot of little bumps, he also has it along the crack of his bottom. Last month he had Roseola. It went away. Could it be coming back? He doesn't have any fever, or other symptoms that are obvious. Can anyone give me some advice? I have already asked the doctor and it might be an allergy, but we haven't been giving him anything new to eat, etc. Please respond

Doubleaamom

Asked by Doubleaamom at 3:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Is the line across his abdomen where his diaper is??? Maybe he is allergic to his diapers or they are irritating his skin? Have you tried a different brand lately?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• A rash? I'd have his doctor look at it. It could be viral. It could be an allergic reaction. It could be eczema.Regardless, it's best to have a doctor look at it and prescribe next steps.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 4:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Have you considered heat rash?
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I'm sorry, I wanted to come back to this. I saw you said you already asked the doctor. Keep in mind it is completely possible to have an allergic reaction to something you've never reacted to before. For example, my daughter has food allergies. She had several exposures to her allergens without a reaction before finally showing symptoms. Even though you've not introduced something new, an allergic reaction is not out of the question. If your doctor has no answers, I'd ask for a referral to a dermatologist. Honestly, without seeing the rash and without being medical professionals none of us online can give you a good answer.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 8:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Have you tried benedryl? I know my kids would get rashes with every cold. They had some sort of allergy to getting colds. I would give them benedryl and it would go away.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:50 AM on Oct. 15, 2008