Vitamins for Toddlers?

When is it ok to start giving your child a multi-vitamin? I have 15 month old twin boys and I would like to give them a multi-vitamin. Their Peditrician said that it was ok. How do I know what kind to give them? Advice is needed.

Doubleaamom

Asked by Doubleaamom at 3:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Flintstone makes one that is called My First Flintstone. They are specifically for toddlers. I give my 2 year old these. He loves them. They have less of the vitamins, the right amount for their little bodies.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 3:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yep, any children's chewable will do. Just be sure to read the label. Some (like Centrum) will need to be cut in half for toddlers.

And I'll have to take a look for the First Flintstones. Thanks MissAlisabeth!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I buy the generic ones at Wal*Mart... They are the same things as the Flinstones but an off brand... I get my kids the gummy ones!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yes, the regular flintstones are suppose to be cut in half for toddlers. The First Flintstones are made just for toddlers, so no cutting!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 7:22 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My pediatrician recommended Gummi Vites.
    hcmerrell

Answer by hcmerrell at 4:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Make sure you don't give your kids vits with artificial coloring and things like that. Look up all natural, organic ones online. ;)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2008