Would you find this creepy?

background-- my mom has a 52yr old brother a few weeks ago he and I got into it about him posting 2 pics of my son online and trying to sell the pics. My mom of course sees nothing wrong with his behavior and makes me out to be 'the bad guy'.
Well I just found out (from my sis) that he had a park'incident'. Evidently he was at a park taking pictures of a merry-go-round and somehow the police showed up and talked to him. It is not like he had his own kids with and taking pictures... but random shots maybe of strangers kids? He must have been there a while, or done something to attract attention for the police to be called.
My sis and I find that creepy and kind of disturbing. My mom knows of this, as he must have called her and cried to her about it--although she has not said anything to me about it. (and probably won't tell me)
If you were at a park and saw some guy taking pictures-- what would you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Beyond creepy. There is no legit reason to be taking pictures of children, even relatives children, posting them online, and trying to sell them. There is even less of a reason to take pictures of strangers childen at the park. If I saw someone doing that, I'd take his picture then call the cops.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would be pissed and call the cops thats creepy!! Sorry but in this day and age that is scary!!
    countryhotmama

Answer by countryhotmama at 3:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Creepy!! But i would have also questioned dude.. and then took some pictures of him just to see how he reacts.. these days you never know anymore!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would think he was scouting for his next hijacking.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I could go in different directions with this question. Part of me says pedophile and steer clear but then another part of me says just a harmless person that enjoys pictures of kids having fun. I could see myself in my older years taking pictures of random things such as a merry go round but I don't think that I would draw attention for it. And I would not take nine million pictures either. So really you know, your gut instinct should be telling you something.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Very creepy
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 3:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would think ' he's got about 2 seconds to stop taking pictures of strangers kids or I'ma stick that camera up his @$$...."... IMO that is VERY creepy...If i was a parent seeing him take pictues at a park when he didn't even have any kids with him, I would have freaked....

He was trying to SELL the pics of your kids? What in the world?? To like a site, or a person... either way, he didn't have YOUR permission, so that's wrong and yes very very creepy...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Not OK. Sounds disturbing to me. If I were in the park, I'd have called the cops too. I've never met a grown man who enjoys taking pictures of other people's kids- Unless other people are paying him for their own, personal, home decor.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• creepy
    kameka

Answer by kameka at 3:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yes, very creepy.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 3:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2010