what would you do? very sick..

i went in for my 14 week apt yesterday. I have been extremely nauseous, having violent diarreha for about a week (the nausea and vomiting for a few weeks straight). for the past 2 days i cant keep ANYTHING down....not even water. the doctor gave me script for Zofran, but like i told the nurse today, i haven't taken it, cuz frankly i can't keep anything down, not even water. my insurance JUSt kicked in today. I am very dehydrated, the thought of food makes me gaf, but my stomach is growling. they couldnt even find the heartbeat yesterday with a doppler, they had to do an US (the HR was 175, thank god). my husband, i understand is stressed, but i feel is making me more stressed. he went to fill the prescritption at the dr office. i told him I DON'T think it is gonna work, its just gonna come back up, and i had to just suffer another 24 hours. oh another important factor, which made my eyes and the nurses' grow wide,

valbeasley

Asked by valbeasley at 3:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would go to the ER! Becoming dehydrated during pregnancy can be very dangerous..
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would go to the ER as well! They can rehydrate you through an IV. Severe dehydration can cause excessive vomitting. Take care and hope all goes well.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• see thats what i thought, ut my husband thinks i should try the Zofran drug first....i just have a feeling i am not gonna be able to tolerate the drug! i have been trying to alter my diet, been drinking the Ensure shakes to try and get Vitamins, etc in my system, and tried Jello, water, nothing is helping.

i just don't want anyone to think I am doing this for no reason or whatever....or to get attention, you know what i mean? i don't want to tell hubby thats what i think the answer is, but i am worried about the baby too.
    valbeasley

Comment by valbeasley (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I have heard of people having success with Zofran but I was not one of them. I can honestly say it didn't affect me a bit, but I do think you should give it a shot.

I was terribly sick my first trimester too. Sometimes I couldn't keep water down either. And to this day, eating bread and water together still makes me nauseas because of my experiences when I was pregnant... Enough said, right?

Anyway, if you want to appease your husband, try the Zofran- as it is supposed to work immediately. If you are still unable to keep water down, sounds like at least an emergency doctor visit is in order the following day.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I had the same problem. I know you feel really sick and you really want it to GO AWAY and it will ( I PROMISE) But you need to eat. Eat things in small amounts and drink in small amounts but you need to keep eating and stay hydrated. I had to go to the ER and that was no fun. Your body is busy making another human so it will feel all out of sorts and you need to find that balance, it won't be much longer.
    Try some baby yoga and find other mommies in your area going through the same thing. Believe me you will feel normal again and get your taste back. This is such short time in your life and a huge BLESSING!
    allmomma

Answer by allmomma at 3:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• The key is small amounts of food each time you are eating.
    allmomma

Answer by allmomma at 3:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• thank you all so much for your responses, the Zofran is actually working, although my baby belly hurts a lil....not sure, probably from the other symptoms. i still have the diarreha, but not vomiting. still a lil nauseaous, but was able to eat some plain white rice and had some tea, and kept it down. so far so goos. i was just so skeptical, you know? thanks again all
    valbeasley

Comment by valbeasley (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2010