when do you take a preg test

5 days before you suppose to have your period or after you miss it?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Right after I missed it.
    My daughter I took it 5 days after my missed period and my son I took it about the same time. I'm regular and was knew almost the exact day it was coming maybe off my one day. So once I missed it I knew I was pregnant.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• After I miss it but I have certain symptoms that I only get when pregnant so I really only take my tests when I get those symptoms.
    sparklebug86

Answer by sparklebug86 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It normally takes 12 days from fertilization for there to be enough hormone built up in your system for an HPT to catch it and be accurate. so for most it is the day of the missed period
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• The choice is really up to you. If you just can't wait and you are experiencing what you believe to be pregnancy symptoms, then 5 days before your expected period is fine. THere is always the possibility that it may give you a false negative, though as each woman has different levels of the hcg hormone and it may not be showing up before your period is due.
    If you can wait, take a test a day or two after your period 'was' to come and it should give you a reliable result at that time. GL
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 3:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• After I missed it. :)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• You can take one up to 5 days before your period is supposed to come. You will probably get the correct reading but it is possible you could get a false negative.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 3:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• 5 days before your time of the month
    Geunie0x1091

Answer by Geunie0x1091 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i was irregular so i just looked for the symptoms but i would say after that way you are more likely to get an acurrate answer. taking it too early can give you a false result plus why take a test beforehand then your period comes? waste of money right?
    drdavenport

Answer by drdavenport at 10:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2010