HE IS DRIVIN' ME CRAZY...WUT CAN I DO

HEY WELL I HAVE A 11MTH OLD BABY BOY..HE IS MY WOLD & MY LIVE..IF IT WASNT FOR HIM I DONT KNOW WHAT DIRECTION I WOULD BE HEADING BY NOW...BUT ALSO HE IS DRIVING ME INSANE...AS HE IS GETTING OLDER HE'S BECOMING MORE A BRAT..HE WONT SHARE THINGS..WHEN HE DOESNT GET WHAT HE WANTS HE WILL THROW HIMSELF ON THE FLOOR..HE WILL THROW A TANDRUM AND JUST START THROWING THINGS ALL AROUND THE HOUSE..I NEED HELP..WUT CAN I DO TO MAKE ALL THIS STOP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what form of discipline do you use?

when my kids behave like that, they get a swat on the leg or butt. No is a constant word in our house. You have to keep using it so that they understand what it means.
    Anonymous

• Teach him no. And also ignore his behavior. That is what we do when our little one start in on a fit. If we tell her no and then take something away, she will cry. But I just ignore and her fits are already getting shorter. She is learning that I am not going to baby her when she is being bad or crying for the sake of getting what she wants. Also, get everyone that has a hand in his care on the same page as far as the discipline method you choose. Consistency will go a long way with children.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My daughter is 23 1/2 months old and I've been dealing with this since she was around your son's age. Sometimes a swat on the bare butt helps. No really never did for me because she just says it back. Try a time out for 5 minutes at a time, in something he doesn't like to be stuck in. Aka crib, high chair ect.
    Kimmers1116

Answer by Kimmers1116 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Welcome to motherhood... they start getting attitudes around this age. I would know mine is the exact age. I have just started discipliong her now and when she starts to throw fits I either ignore it or just go put her in the corner and walk away. She doesn;t stay there long but I want her to know that thats where she goes when shes in trouble (even though impretty sure shes not sure why shes there now) Also at this age distraction is a good form of tantrum prevention.. I always bring a toy or comfort item any where we go.. from the store to the changing table! Good Luck!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Stay strong and stay calm. Let him throw a fit. Make sure he is in a safe place to do it and let him go. Once he see's that he's not getting a reaction from you for that behaviour he'll move onto something else. Once he's calmed let him know that what he's doing is not acceptable and guide him in how he should handle his emotions. Once he's figured that he's not going to get his way he'll hopefully start to behave better and the two of you can move on to some more fun activities together.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• teach him the word no! my son is 10 months old and he knows exactly what that word means. he will hear me say it in a stern but gentle voice and he will stop what he is doing and go do something else. you have to be consistent though. i know it will be hard but you have to stick with it. good luck!
    jaydensmom1205

Answer by jaydensmom1205 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2008