loss of sexual attraction...a bad sign? adult content

Since we've had our son (he's almost 2 now) I've lost all my sex drive! Is this a sign that I'm falling OUT of love? We've been struggling since our son was born. We've been living with parents, broke, and stressed out. My husband wants sex, but I DO NOT. It repulses me. What's wrong with me!? How can I talk to my husband about it??? Do I say, "honey, I'm sorry but the though of being physical with you turns my stomach?" And if he asks why, I have no answer. I don't know why I don't want sex....*sigh* I'm at a loss.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Are you on BC pills? That can definitely cause that.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 3:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• are you on birth control? are you stressed out? are you overly exhausted at the end of the day?
    I have the same issues. I dont have any sex drive at all. Yet once SO and I get into it the fireworks go off lol. So whatever causes the "hmm i'm horny" signal before having sex, is missing. I'm on the pill and was told that it's common for the pill to cause a lack of sex drive since it blocks the hormones, but I never had this issue before i got pregnant and was on the pill. The nurse didnt really have an answer to that one.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I was going thru a similar issue, a while back... I wouldn't say your "falling out of love"...

Stress really plays apart of the loss of interest... Running around with a baby all day, bills, just all the daily struggles really can wear a person down... I wouldn't get to upset tho...This is actually quite normal.. Men and women don't work the same (for the most part).. They have this "switch" they can just flip and be ready!! For me... it takes a bit more than just walking in a room.. haha..

Best thing to start with is always keeping open with him, tell him how you feel and why you do.... are there certain things that really " get you in the mood"? Try dropping hints to him...are you spending enough time together just u and him? Sometimes just a night of playing some bored games, or having a few drinks (for us) makes all the difference... adult bored games are really fun too!!

cont...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• You probably have let all the stress of EVERYTHING get to you and you just need to relax and get there again. Try to relax about small things and enjoy your baby and hubby. Be thankful for what you have, others do not have family, homes, husbands and many cannot have children. GOD Bless
    allmomma

Answer by allmomma at 3:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Hang in there. I agree that if you are on birth control that might be a BIG factor.

I was the saaaame way for the whole year I was on the pill after our first daughter. When I went off the pill and we started trying for baby #2, miraculously my drive came back! Now my husband got a vasectomy so I don't have to be on a pill and I feel sexually normal again.

I had no idea a silly little pill could influence my sex drive so much!
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• cont....

you just have to try and remain open with him as much as possible, in this area... but becareful about how you approach him.. guys tend to have super big egos and saying "i have no interest in sex" means "no interest in sex with just you.".....

there are all kinds of things out there for to make the "bedroom time more fun...i could go on and on...

we don't have the perfect sex life by no means.. some nights i'd rather be here on cafemom or on facebook...hahaha...but then sometimes even if ur not feeling it in the beginning, just try to get into it and have a little fun.. thats usally when it ends up being the best!! lol :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Well you are living with parents and your broke and stressed. That could be the reason why
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Sounds like you need to reconnect with your hubby .. having some alone time together like date night might help .. talk to him about what how you feel .. being stressed out could be the main reason for your feeling as well ..
    MrsTT

Answer by MrsTT at 10:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010