I am on my 3rd antibiotic for UTI - I'm pissed LOL adult content

I was in the hospital 2 weeks ago with 3 doses of IV antibiotice, then they sent me home with macrobid,I took it for 11 days and it gave me a yeast infection (and gas). I got back into the NP this morning and I still have a big bladder infection plus now a raging yeast that is everywhere down there so with this yeast I am having to wipe at least 15 times a day due to the UTI. So not really a question, more of a vent and wondering if others have this issue often.
Oh so the NP gave me diflucan to take today, sunday then next wednesday. along with Bactrim to see if that will help clear the UTI, again, thanks.....JU

mom2priceboys

Asked by mom2priceboys at 3:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Health

• pun intended huh? haha
    hope it works this time... only thing I can offer is that they say eating yogurt when you're on antibiotics can help prevent the yeast infection
    Get well soon!.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Have they not cultured your urine to see what antibiotic you need?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 3:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• You might start a probiotic. I take PB 8 for yeast and AZO (walmart) for UTI.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I loved AZO with my UTIs. What made it especially fun was the color it turns your urine! lol
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would call your doctor and insist they do a culture sensitivity to make sure they are getting you the RIGHT antibiotic this time.

Sorry you are feeling crappy. :o(
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I was having those a lot for a while, and one thing you can ask you DR. for the help with the Urine discomfort is Pyridium, it will turn your urine orange but will sure help you pain better. For full time urine relief from OTC is this, I use it often and  love it. http://www.cystex.com/Pages/CystexHome_v2  This tells you all about it. When I was doing this last year, it took them 3 test to get it right. I hope you can find some relief soon. Take care.

Saiyangirlpan

Answer by Saiyangirlpan at 3:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Thaks for the comments ladies. Yes, this time shej did send the sample to culture. the reason for the delay is cost...I have crappy insurance but at least I have insurance!!! I have had the "orange" stuff b4 but keep forgetting to ask the Dr for it. Also, yes, I have been eating yogurt but I think I need the liquid probiotic type
    And, yes, elizabetha, it was a pun, thanks for getting my sens of humor.....Julie
    mom2priceboys

Comment by mom2priceboys (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010