How have you made new women friends if you're over the age of 40?

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 3:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Join a club of whatever you're interested in.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Actually, I've made some of the most wonderful friends through my widow's group.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 3:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Most of my friends have been through my kids... their friends parents, through work (not recommended), met a group of my friends at they YMCA we had all signed up for an Aquatics Class and we just clicked... now after Aquatics class we go hang out somewhere and eat fattening food that we just exercised off. My best friend was a neighbor that lives about two miles down the road from me ... one day she accidently got our mail we have been friends every since... Weird how life gives you opportunities it is what we do with them. LOL
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 4:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yes, I have. I took a writing class at the local adult school and got to be friends with another woman there. I am in my forties as is she.
    We had lunch and will continue to pursue and discuss our love of writing. She is mother to little ones and mine are 23 and 21, but we have much in common.

It is a good thing all around.

Kimberly DeOliveira
    kimberlyann65

Answer by kimberlyann65 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010