Who can recommend a good shampoo and/or conditioner for thin, fine hair?

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 3:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Redkin offers a shampoo just for thinning hair... it works awesome and is not really to pricy.... there is also one made by Dove in a yellow and white bottle and it works pretty good also... Do you ever wonder why WE have to get thinning hair... it is probably to compete with all the hair I have pulled out over the years.... LOL!
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 3:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I use Treseme (Spelling?) it's for like volume. It does a great job w/my hair :)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• clarifying shampoos work well with that type of hair b/c it won't weigh it down
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Biolage, more expensve, but worth it. Even a spray in conditioner that doesn't weight your volume down.
    Great Products!
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 3:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• it depends on the condition of your hair..

i use joico k-pac because I put my hair through a lot (color, straight just about every day, etc.) and I have thin, medium textured hair.
    If you have thin, greasy like hair.. I'd alternate between a clarifying shampoo weekly (or more if necessary) and a balancing shampoo. With a good protein conditioner.

If you are looking for added volume honestly, your best bet is to use a root boaster and blow dry your hair with your head down and blow drying going to scalp to ends to add volume.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I like Herbal Escence Tassle Me Softly. It gives your hair lift improving volume.
    GenieBean

Answer by GenieBean at 9:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Aveda Pure Abundance volumizing shampoo works wonders on my hair. It's thick and heavy and will really perk it up and add tons of volume.
    hepmommy

Answer by hepmommy at 10:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Trseme I beleive there's 1 for volume, it's reasonable priced and all their products are really good!
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 1:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• If you are looking for vloume go with Catwalk "Your Highness" Volume collection. If you think our hair is actually thinning then use Nioxin or CHI Power Plus to thicken and regrow hair. My DH uses CHI and it has actually regrown his hair, I recommend it to all my clients with thinning hair, it's all natural too!
    StructuredChaos

Answer by StructuredChaos at 7:46 AM on Sep. 9, 2010