Do you sometimes get jealous of celebrities? I do.

My fault...I have to stop watching those entertainment shows. It seems to me that they brag about having such a terrible time with all that notoriety. And Oprah, damn, I get jealous and she's only a year older than me. I don't want to be jealous...it just happens. I do good, been told this by others but, in my mind, I want to do more and can't. I want to blame my husband and kids who always put a damper on my wants to the point that now, it's just lazy thinking. I'm so mad at me.

ladylovemm

Asked by ladylovemm at 3:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Entertainment

• I get jealous about the money but not the fame. Living in So. Cal. would suck to me too.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• yes but only because they have so much money and seem to squander is. :(
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yeah--To have their money and homes :) however-Money doesn't buy happiness.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• yes; i would love to have all of that money :) or when i got in trouble I would get out of it easier.
    becky0507

Answer by becky0507 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• If I dwell on it I have that tendency.

But we have cancelled our cable for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is the trashy celebrity "real life" shows. It's helped a lot with not being so concerned about other people's lives and focusing on our own.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Sometime. Just of their money and their ability to never age and look so damn good.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• No, I don't. I've been too lucky in life to be jealous of anyone.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• sometimes I do, but then I remember they are only human and have the same problems as any of us do. I'd love to be able to afford $1,000 shoes no problem or sell a new car to buy an even newer car within weeks. Or get a dui, skip court and community service and get charged pocket money and a one night in jail then the record is thrown out. But I'd hate never having any privacy! Angelina Jolie might looks gorgeous on the red carpet, but for all we know she has terrible diarrhea or a terrible ringworm outbreak lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I used to. I envied the chance to travel and have the excitement... but not anymore.

1) I've been to places in Hollywood where some celebs go - and I've seen how some "fans" invade their lives, even when they aren't working. They can't even relax at a birthday party for their friends.
    2) I've spent all day on a set as an extra. Suddenly, I had the merest taste of what 16-hour days on a set under those lights are like. It's hot, exhausting, and sometimes frustrating. Especially when you *think* you've got it nailed - and a camera screws up, or an effect isn't timed right... or someone else goofs.
    3) Everyone seems to feel entitled to comment on your personal life and the slightest misstep gets you the public scorn.
    4) "Fans" go after your family and friends. Suddenly, the people you care about can't even have a private Facebook account without it getting hacked and their personal pictures stolen.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• 2/2:

5) And through it all - you have to smile and be gracious, but humble, appreciative, but not arrogant... and always, ALWAYS photogenic.

Now, granted, I saw it from the outside, but I got a look at how it feels to be them, and thanks, but no thanks. I'm human and I screw up sometimes, and I *know* if my private life ended up splashed all over some magazine, I'd end up looking pretty bad sometimes.
    geminilove