How do I get up the "energy" to start looking for a new job?

I really like my current job but I've been here for over 12 years and it's getting a bit boring. I don't feel like I'm being challenged by the work anymore, I can practically do it in my sleep. Thinking about starting a job hunt but after all these years, it feels a bit intimidating.

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 3:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• You would not be asking if you did not feel it was time. Listen to your instincts. There are new and exciting challenges out there. I am beginning a whole new career at 50. Sounds like it is time for you to mqake the move and seize the day. We have only a finite amount. of them.
    Kimberly deOliveira
    kimberlyann65

Answer by kimberlyann65 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• When you get tried of things the way they are you will change.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Good luck!! I would start by taking some career pathways tests... the ones that match your personality and skills to a career, that way you would be heading down the right path.

Another idea would be to talk to your boss and see if you can change your existing job duties or add some new things.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 4:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Same here, i love the pharmacy, but im a creative person, i took the california zone career test, cosmetologist used the same skills as a pharmacy tech, but is more creative(what i need).

Good luck!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Polish your resume, update your Linkedin profile, and find your next adventure!

Answer by rkoloms at 10:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• This is EXCITING! Check out these websites www.reneersmit.greatcareerplan.com and www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/reneersmith Then contact me
    RED57

Answer by RED57 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010