When are you supposed to feel the baby kick? I am 20 weeks and have not felt anything yet-or at least I don't think I have. I don't know what I am supposed to feel. : ((

ncgrits1968

Asked by ncgrits1968 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your placenta could be anterior which means that it is in front and buffering those kicks. Have you had an ultrasounds yet? They can tell where the placenta is located. Definitely talk to you midwife about this.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I was 21 or 22 weeks at least before I felt flutters...even further before I felt an actual kick.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It feels like a muscle spasm- A little bitty soft push from inside your belly.

I was probably around 20ish weeks when I first felt my kicks. So keep your feelers out! Soon he/she will be doing cartwheels and there will be no denying that they are moving!
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• wait alittle while more about 25 weeks is when you start to really feel it good luck
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• it's normal to not feel your first baby until after 20 weeks. i didn't feel my first baby move until 22 weeks
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• you probably will start feeling it in the next few weeks. movement will get stronger and stronger every week.
    most people say that it feels like a fluttering or bubbles popping...
    I kind of think it feels like the thumps you feel when your heart is beating really hard- only random and sporadic and in your abdomen instead of your chest haha
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My son kicked all the time, did cart wheels in my belly, but I had a friend who didn't feel anything until 27 weeks
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• if ur bellys no too big u can kinda lay on your stomach that might help u feel the baby, its starts out like a rubbing and last a few seconds then maybe a little jab here and there but you are a good couple weeks or more before its constant as he baby starts to run out of swimming room :)
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i am just now feeling what i think are kicks and jabs. i am 22 weeks and i felt fluttering around 18 weeks but it should get stronger eventually. i was worried but when i went to my 20 weeks ultrasound my baby boy was flipping and kicking the whole time. it just depends on your body but no worries sweetheart they will come
    drdavenport

Answer by drdavenport at 10:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010