How can I,talk to my doctor,without getting mad or yelling at her?

I've been told to leave this doctor,because she was rude to me,she screamed at me and told me,I didn't have a problem!That's why I went to the doctor.It's a good thing I did because,I had a bigger badder problem that needed my attention that she detected.I understand her getting so upset?No,she shouldn't of treated me that way,but..now I want to hear her explanations for my sickness,and just get over the appointment,not worrying about how she treated me because everyone has their weaknesses.She treated me like this from day one and I knew we weren't a match.I think her getting so mad at me is her way of saying get away from me and I keep seeing her.The reasons;she's a high end medical doctor and I don't have serious conditions,so I'm wasting her time.She's also has a high statuas and I'm not one of her types of customers.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 4:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• I would let her know in a letter that you didn't like the way she yelled at you and treated you. I'd also forward a copy of it to the medical board. Doctors are there to help you, and apparently she missed your condition because she was too busy. I have a friend who kept fainting and going to the doctor, they told her it my be "in her head". It happened at the ER, they found her heart was stopping and she had to have a pacemaker! I wouldn't see her face to face, but I'd write that letter!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I plan on leaving her,as soon as I speak my mind to her.I want to be cool and confident.I want to tell her I didn't like her screaming at me.Before I was shocked.I couldn't believe she was screaming at me.It was so unprofessional!I just let her rant and rave, I couldn't express myself,she was hogging the whole conversation.I wish I knew how to shut her up long enough to say something.I didn't change doctors because I was afraid of them messing up my charts with my new diagnosis.Somehow this intimidated me to change doctors.Now I have to face the bitch all over again and I know she isn't going to give me the time a day.I want her to slow down and give me the time of day.How can I get her to listen to me?
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 4:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I dont get your question....I would just find a Dr I liked and didnt have to worry about loosing my temper with....??
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• she shouldnt have treated you that way,doctors anymore are just after the money i think,and only want expensive visits but thats what i think,like my doctor trying to give me three paps and ive already had two ,and nothing is wrong with my pregnanacy she said everything came back fine,and would call if something was wrong i never got a phone call,she was just after my hoosier healthwise money.so i havent been to see her since,ill go and see her when its time for me to give birth but im not going so she can give me my third pap.thats ridicoulous for donig that just to get money.if i was you id get a new doctor and chew her back out over the phone but that me
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 4:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i would get another dr. i didn't understand clearly what you meant by she found a problem after saying their wasn't or that you went to another dr that found the problem. i would still go to another one.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I have Hypoglycemia,and it has gotten worst from me not eating enough food.It has caused me to be weak and faint more often.I went in to see the doctor about this.She screamed at me,you don't have Hypoglycemia,you have a high blood pressure problem!I wasn't able to explain to her the severe reactions of this Hypoglycemia,she just wrote it off as no big deal and said there's no cure for it.She did tell me to get a blood test to see what was wrong though,so I respect her for that.I'm going in tommorow to hear the results of it.--Ever since I've been on the high blood pressure medicine,I haven't been weak or faint at all.Though,I did up my food intake,I didn't expect my blood sugars to go back up to normal so fast and wondering if the medicine had something to do with it?
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 4:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I don't get it. You want to go back to her just so you can yell at her?! That makes no sense. Just get over it and get a new doctor. You should have told her not to yell at you the last time you saw her. Find a new doctor, don't waste anymore of yours or her time.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2008