Post Partum Hair Loss - Pls Read

I had this with both my kids. I lost a ton of hair. It may take like 5 yrs to recover. Anyone go through this & how long has it been for you? is your hair back to normal including thickness?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Health

• It happend with both of my children as well, Id say around a year is when i started to notice that my hair was normal again.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i did after my first child. with the other two i continued to take the prenatal vitamins and haven't had that problem since.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I Have super thick hair anyways, and I would lose a TON after all 4 kids births...
    mawfia

Answer by mawfia at 4:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I haven't lost any hair.... I do take vitamins though, maybe that is the trik?
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 4:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i lost alot with my dd and my ds, still losing after having him and he's one....mine is from low iron though, it got worse after i had my son b/c of excessive bleeding but my hair is still really thick
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I lost hair after I had my daughter, then it started easing up. After I got the Mirena, I started losing it again like crazy until a couple of months after I had it removed. It's been fairly normal for almost a year now (my dd will be 2 in a month).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2010