What are you doing

to save money this week? I have packed my lunch everyday so far!! Whoo hoo that is kinda rare for me. I also went down a pant size and ive been dying to get to the mall to buy new jeans but our mall is an hour away. I went to a consignment shop on my lunch break and found Express jeans for $4 and The Loft jeans for $7. They fit great and look new! Yay cant wait to go home and wash them so I can wear them tomorrow. I shoulda thought of that store a long time ago!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have been packing my own lunch, turning the air off when I go to work, started a second job and I am working on a monthly meal planner so that I can buy just what I need for the month for meals. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Well, we always eat at home, it's rare when we stop some place... But today is our oldest son's birthday, we're going to make him a cake instead of buy one. We already had the mix at home. I also made him a birthday card last night instead of buying him one. :)
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I did the meal planning for this week. I cooked 2 dinners last night so I wouldnt get tired after work and be tempted to pick up dinner for a night. I think Im going to make a list of all dinners we like so I can make a weekly menu very easily by choosing from the master list.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• daughter is in daycare only two days this week, each day just one hour (after her pre3k school)
    so she is getting school, just less daycare, so we can get caught up on what we owe them
    with no school on monday, and yesterday she had pink eye, no school on friday, thought for two days, i will pick her up after lunch at daycare instead of after nap and play time

sad when you have to cut so many corners
    but have cut so many, it looks like a circle now

no eating out, no going to movies, no renting movies, movies are free from library, shop for all clothes (except under clothes) at thrfit store for years, can find new things at thrift store for birthday presents, go to food pantry once a week, maxe out credit cards for bills

what corners are left???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Not spending any. It's actually not entirely by choice though. We just ran out of money in our envelopes and now we're done spending until pay day. At least our fridge is full and the bills have been paid :)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Erica- do you do Dave Ramsey? I love his program!! i have his cds and he is so interesting to listen to and his advice is great!
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I'm retired and S/O is laid off so we don't spend a lot any week. Look for sales where ever we go, and spend as little as possible. Still paying on my back surgery, that's enough for now.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2010