My divorce?

My divorce is getting alot worse!, my x husband is trying to get custady of our daughter!....i don't have a attourney nore do i have the money for it...and i don't have legal help i need to knw where i can get legal help from! i can't get help from legal aid or anything else so if there is anything else i can get help from please let me knw im in the state of Jefferson Wisconsin, Jefferson County!

GyesMommy08

Asked by GyesMommy08 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• He has to prove you unfit for full custody so if you're a good Mom, with your daughters best interest in mind you shouldn't have to worry. Now if you abuse drugs, alcohol, your daughter, been reported etc, then I would think they won't look to kindly on you. Not sure what to do if you can't afford an attorney, maybe ask if you can make payments??? GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I just Google divorce in Jefferson Wisconsin, Jefferson County. Boy they have a lot of links. You need to take time out and read each one that appears to you.
    I know my state has legal aid that the state helps out with.
    Go to your local courthouse and talk to information desk and ask them for you unanswered questions.
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 4:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Google "Wisconsin Bar Association" and search that website for pro bone (free) legal help. You might be able to find something there. You need to read the website and look it over carefully.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• He has to prove you unfit for full custody so if you're a good Mom, with your daughters best interest in mind you shouldn't have to worry.

All he has to do is prove he is the better parent (income, support and home.) And usually the one that has the better attorney wins. Moms aren't winning in court all the time anymore just because they are the mom.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010