What are the signs of depression?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 4:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Health

• lack of enthusiasm for anything, hopelessness, helplessness, sad, crying, upset , lack of appetite or increased appetite..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Im scared i could be going down this path
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• lack of social interaction, depression, lack of sleep, thoughts of suicide and thoughts of no self worth (better if they were not alive) ...along with everything else Maxsmom11807 wrote.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• If you feel you are falling into a depression, I strongly urge you to seek medical help. My husband battles depression and because he was afraid to face it for a long time, it almost destroyed our marriage. Luckily, he finally saw a doctor and through drug treatment and therapy has finally turned back into the man I fell in love with.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 4:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I went through it for about a year! You may just need antidepressants. What about talking to someone about it. A lot of medical coverage will cover for you to talk to someone. I have been talking to someone and it is helping me more than I ever thought it would. If you want someone to vent to...I will listen.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Depression is a tough thing to go through... You feel like everything you do is an effort and no one notices. You don't want to be touched let alone have sex... you feel hopeless and helpless. If you think this is you talk to your doctor or nurse practiciner. I suffered with it for 5 years before I got help... Getting help was the best thing you can do... do it for you!
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 4:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I feel like crying all the time. I feel like I just wanna lock myself in my room and not talk to anyone. I dont talk about sex as much as I usually do with my DF. We have been away from eachother for a month and I finally get to see him again on friday
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would definitely talk to your doctor. I went to my OB b/c I don't have a regular doctor set up. If you are on birth control, that could be contributing to the depression. I have seasonal depression... in the winter time I get really depressed, birth control makes it worse. Last winter was the worst... I didn't want anything to do with my boys or my husband. I didn't care to get my butt off the couch or even out of bed to do anything. Even the thought of getting up to go to the bathroom or change one of my boys' diapers was a HUGE task to me. I neglected all of my household chores (I'm a SAHM)... laundry went for weeks w/o being done, dishes would sit for days at a time, etc.

If you need to talk to someone, please feel free to message me. Hang in there. There is hope and you can feel better!
    JaycesMommy

Answer by JaycesMommy at 8:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2010