Needs other opinions....

Okay, I used to watch a little girl who was about 3 month younger than my DD. All this little girl wanted to do, was watch TV...When my DD tried to play with her she like didn't even want to play back/ignored her. She would watch the TV and constantly rock back and forth. She didn't really talk (and she was going on 2 years ) When I say that-I maybe heard mama a couple times. ( I watched this girl for about 9 months) All she ate was hot dogs, and was just odd to me. I guess from what I've heard she speaks a couple more words since than-bout a year ago. Does anybody know what kind of signs this could be pointing to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• well it could be what the other ppl listed, or not.... my brother's youngest daughter did the same thing when i'd keep her. she's a year younger than my daughter but she was some what "anti social" but there is nothing wrong with her besides the fact her parents ignore her b/c they favor the older daughter and the baby boy over her , she is a great kid just needs more interaction from her parents
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• hard to say from just this description but its possible that she's somewhere on the autistic spectrum...
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• the rocking back and forth along with lack of interaction can be a sign of autism
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Could be mild Asperger's?
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I posted this, I accidentally hit anonymous-
    I'm not sure if her parents spent lots of time with her too...Does that mean anything?

She did rock back and forth even with her cup in her mouth too.

I also quote this I asked once when she was going for her it would have been 15 month check up cuz that's when they start the screening for that stuff. and she told me "her doctor said that she's on the course for her age so she didn't need to come in till her 2 year" (he's not a peds doc)

Also, other kids in her family did have some learning disability's too.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Signs of autism?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• could be autism. I hope her parents take care of her and try to get her seen!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• could be a normal child that is plopped in front of the tv way too often... then again it could be more...
    rocking, lack of speach, poor diet can all be signs of "neglect"... while she could be in a warm house and fed... it could be that she is provided with the minimum to keep her "quiet" so to speak... the tv is her babysitter at home?
    i would turn the tv off, spend some time talking to her, and see if you can't get more out of her... i would also bring it up to the parents since you are the one watching her...
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010