Maternity clothes.

How much did you spend on maternity clothes? I spent $100 on 3 pants and 4 shirts not too long ago on work clothes, but now find that I don't have any clothes to wear after work/on the weekends. How much did other pregnant ladies spend? It's so frustrating not having any pants that fit!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i didnt buy any maternity clothes i just went to steve and barrys and got cheap bigger tshirts
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 4:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i didnt spend any money! lol i wasnt planning on that, but i had a few pregnant friends and people that were pregnant give me some clothes i didnt ask they just offered. I recommend if anyone offers to give you maternity clothes you take advantage of that. :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Over $350 but that was for a whole wardrobe for weekends and work...and I will definately be using them with any other pregnancies I have. I still have to invest in some more bras though lol.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• oh but PS make sure you have at least one GOOD pair of COMFORTABLE maternity jeans to wear. :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• 200 dollars on 2 pairs of jeans, 4 work pants, 4 work tops, 2 everyday tops, 6 pairs of underwear, and 2 bras.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I'm a thrift store, garage sale junky when it comes to maternity clothes. I have found top of the line clothes for as little as $2, plus you can find a lot of unique designs. I just refused to pour myself in t-shirts and sweat pants just because I'm carrying a baby, but I didn't want to spend a fortune on clothes I would only wear for a couple of months (everyone tells me you grow out of maternity clothes throughout your pregnancy). I think I have probably spent around $200 for 10 pairs of work pants, about 15-17 blouses, four pairs of weekend pants/jeans, and five dresses. Oh! And two jackets/blazers.

If you don't want to spend a bunch of money (and who does when you're buying up all those adorable baby items!!) then I recommend going to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army. Try Craigslist too!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i jsut went to a consignment shop and picked up a nice NEW carseat still in box plastic ( i know it was never used) a pair of motherhood jeans and a nice shirt as well as 6 playtex nurser bottles for a whoopping 34 dollars. there are bargains out there. I refuse to pay full price for maternity clothes. they are like baby clothes, Hard to wear out and you only really wear them a few months.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008