scrapbooking help!

my wedding anniversary is next week, its our first and i want to put together a wedding scrapbook for him, im on a budget though. any help ladies? websites, stores, money saving tips...?

steffielynne

Asked by steffielynne at 4:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Save every scrap you use.
    When you're making a border for picture, cut just enough for the border around the picture (so that there is an empty hole in the center for the picture) instead of big enough to cover the whole thing.
    Get a pack of markers and draw in your embellishments instead of trying to use stickers, they're way too expensive.

As for stuff, I get mine at either wal-mart (small selection) or I go to the local hobby store. The one here has 12x12 designed paper for only 88 cents each!
    Oh, and make sure the adhesive you use is acid free or the picture will be destroyed over time. At the hobby store I get this thing that has roll on tape, it comes on in little squares and theres no sticky glue or risk of smearing or anything.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 4:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Another thing you might think of instead of a "scrapbook", is a photo book. You can get them at Walmart, Walgreens, or a lot of online stores. The good thing about these is you can go the easy route and give them your pictures and let them make one up, or you can take the time and make the scrapbook pages online(which there are a lot of freebie digital scrap kits) so they can be personalized. If you would like websites, PM me and I'll be more than happy to help you out finding these things! :D Good Luck, and Happy anniversary!!
    bethanysmom1007

Answer by bethanysmom1007 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Make a small book, use your most cherished photos- that way you are not overwhelmed by trying to cram lots of photos onto pages. This is the easiest way to make a book inexpensively. I go to JoAnn's to buy embellishments, as my local stores (smaller) often charge more.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2010