disrespecting

why are kids so disrespectful( GROWN AZZ KIDS) mines that is my oldest daughter use to be gd didnt never worry about her treating me with disrespect but she went away for 6mo's and i was left taken care of her 2kids alone with the 3 i already had since birth
she come back with a b******** attuide no respect for me this i dt care attuide

i wanna move but affraid i may nt be able to afford it
i am disabled have been for yrs,,,

ijust wanna be away from my kids

tell me what would u do??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Your grown daughter left for 6 months and left her children for you to care for? and you're asking why she's so disrespectful? My guess is because she can be, she gets away with it. You allowed this to happen. She took advantage of you and you allowed it - so she sees you as someone to use and take advantage of, not someone to respect.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 4:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Your first mistake was taking care of her kids when it was her job to do... You let her have her way, and I'm guessing that wasn't the only thing you did to give her what she wanted. From the sound of it she's a spoiled rotten brat. I would just move, if they're grown, you should be able to do as you please. Make them accept responsibility for their own lives, and you get on with yours...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I agree with the two PP.
    Something else I've noticed with kids these days (beween12 and 21) is their lack of respect for their parents. I have found this is because the parents were lacking in their parenting. They allowed the kids to walk all over them and there wasn't a shred of discipline. If discipline was there, it wasn't enforced. The trend I have noticed is that kids who had solid discipline were those kids who appreciated their parents and gave them the respect they deserved. They made good choices.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2010