Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Has anyone experienced this? Does it cause a strong pain during your period? Need to have it remove with surgery? Does it affect ttc?

Answer Question

Asked by grayima at 4:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

Level 2 (6 Credits)
Answers (11)

    Answer by kaycee14 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

  • oh man! i just wrote the longest response to this lol and you deleted the other one!

    kay here i go again..when i would get my period, i would run a fever throw up get sick cry VERY hard, i would be more tired than normal, (when i took tylenol) i would take 4 extra strength tylenol and it still didnt work for me, i would take a bath so hot that it would leave red marks on me. drs told me it was more than likely endometriosis but i didnt do anything with it, i just dealt. i am now 5 1/2 months pregnant, but it took 2 years to get pregnant.

    Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

  • Oop..Im so sorry dear....thanks for writing again...

    Answer by grayima at 4:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

  • lol its alright :)

    Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

  • Doctors think my best friend has it, she bleeds so heavily that she has to wear a heavy tampon and a full pad, and still change it every hour. She has severe cramps, vomiting, lots of problems. They won't officially diagnose her because she's only 21 and they don't want to do a hysterectomy. She has had NO problem getting pregnant, she's miscarried a couple times (unrelated reasoning, she has something where the body sees the fetus as a foreign object and rejects it) and she has a son. I don't know if that helps at all.

    Answer by toriandgrace at 4:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

  • My best friend has this; and yes it can affect future possibilities of children. Hers was so bad they told her if she wanted kids she better do so before she was 25. Needless to say she had two; and here shortly she is going to have to have a hysterectomy as it has covered everything. :( She is only 29...

    Answer by leoangel at 4:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

  • The foreign object tori, might be RH Negative. I found out that I am RH negative and if they do not give you the proper shots through the first pregnancy, it can cause you to miscarry any other baby after that, as it sees it as a foreign object... I hope that's not the case, I would be beating my doctor. I didn't even know I was RH negative until I was pregnant with my daughter, as both my parents are A+; unfortunately, my grandmother is also RH negative and she had multiple miscarriages as well...

    Answer by leoangel at 4:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

  • ^^ It is RH Negative, thanks I forgot the name!

    Answer by toriandgrace at 4:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

  • Wow, I feel bad for your friend, as technically, it's her OB's fault for not seeing it when they did blood work... wonder if she could sue for them to pay for infertility treatments :)

    Answer by leoangel at 5:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

  • The only true diagnosis for endometriosis is to have surgery. I had a laparoscopy which is an out patient surgery, because they suspected that I had endometriosis. After surgery, (cleaned the scar tissue) I concieved right away. If the doctor suggests surgery, laparoscopy, I would do it, it really helped with my cramping and painful periods. Good Luck with everything,

    Answer by JD08 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Trying to Conceive

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Maternity clothes.