Are there men left who will wait?

For sex. I got married out of high school as a virgin but we are not together anymore. And I'm not into casual sex but it seems like men want just sex and not a relationship. How long is too long to make someone wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• They are very rare, admittedly...but if you wait long enough and are patient, the right one will come along when you least expect it. People kept telling me that over and over and over before I met my husband. I honestly thought they were full of it! But, then it happened. Keep your chin up, and always know you ARE worthy of a great guy!
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 4:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• If you find a good one, he will wait until you are ready. I told my husband straight out that if he was only in it for sex then he could and should take a hike. He stuck around and waited until I was ready.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• my now DH waited 6 mos for me to be ready
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I dont think men know how to wait for sex
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My oldest Son would argue with you all on this one. Every girl he dated wanted to jump into bed after the first date. When he didn't want to they accused of him of the nastiest things. He finally found a girl who also wants to wait. They're perfect together.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• good question. i am married but i look around at everyone around me and wonder if its the year 2010 that has everyone wanting a piece of A$$ and one nighters because it seems like when i was in high school in the 90's, people were into just holding hands and actually feeling things for others but now that im more adult, you got people promising relationships but they ditch you after they are done with the one nighter.

i would say that after about a month if he's not bothering you about sex or cheating to get some then he may just be a keeper
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• good question.... I've only met a few but we were just friends
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It is VERY rare, but there men out there. My BFF married 2 years ago to a 35 yr old man that had waited until their marriage. So had she.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• there are and dont sell yourself short just for them. dont do it untill you are ready.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• There are plenty of young people out there who wait until marriage. There are even groups, both religious and not religious, that people who have this in common can join. I'm sure Google would list some.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010