job

Going to be looking for a job with not much experince due to being a stay at home mom. I am going to be 42 yrs old. Please share your advice, thanks. Waiting to work with mentally challenged people and or kids. Thanks Have some experince with college classes and having my own day care. I only have 4 months experience working in a adult toy store.

My wording mentally is the word I choose to use, not sure of the correct term.

Lisa_Lynn

Asked by Lisa_Lynn at 4:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• Stress to the employers you interview with that you have the training from having a day care. most of those places that take care of handicapped or challenged people, provide training for whatever they need you to do. I worked for a place like that for 3 years, beginning at age 15! you'll do great! just love your patients/clients (whatever the place you're going to work referrs to them as), and you'll be just fine!
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 4:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I worked in an adult toy store for 6 months, and I've worked with mentally challenged kids quite a bit. A lot of places require a nursing degree or some college courses in nursing for working with mentally challenged adults or children, I was a nanny for a family with a 9 year old with autism and cerebral palsy getting paid under the table...I wish you luck!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Go to www.care.com and www.sittercity.com and search for jobs by zipcode. There are usually some posted for special needs along with others. I wouldn't mention the adult toy store experience at all. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• There are lots of ways to make money at home, I have tried a ton of them myself. My favorites are listed here: Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Stay at home moms have lots of skills that employers value: time management, logistics, budgeting and finance, etc. Chances are, you have been doing some volunteer work, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Check out these websites www.reneersmith.greatcareerplan.com and www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/reneersmith
    RED57

Answer by RED57 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2010