Should I just buy a new sewing machine?

I have a Kenmore sewing machine my parents bought for me when I was in college. It's about 16 years old. It conked out, and I'm wondering if it will be cheaper to fix it, or if I should just buy a new one. It's a great machine that does everything I want, but if it needs a new motor, I'm thinking I may as well just get a new one.

lvpenguino

Asked by lvpenguino at 4:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I think it would be cheaper to just buy a new one unless they spent hundreds and hundreds on your original. You can buy them fairly cheaply and get a nice new one for not that much.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yes, it's probably cheaper to buy a new one. I believe there's a fee just to have the old one looked at.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• For a sewing machine it's going to be a lot cheaper for you to buy a new one. Being as the repair shops for sewing machines are few and far between and the prices are high. A whole new motor will cost a pretty penny. I suggest buying a new one.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think it would be cheaper just to buy one mine is about 30 yrs old and I'm going to buy a new one soon
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2010