Don't like to cook?

I'm not much of a cooker. I do have kids, but still cooking is not really my favorite thing. Yes, my cooking is good enough for a homeless person....LOL Is this a shame or what? For those who are like me what is your secret?

novice2008

Asked by novice2008 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• you just need to keep trying and learning about what goes with what. learn what spices go into what foods cooking really is simple. all you need is a meat, throw into the oven for an hour at 350 in the meantime whip up some types of sides to go with it. you don't need to be fancy at it. Also the crock pot is a good way to cook, you can throw anything into it, well anything that goes together. use cream soups on alot of things to. I am a lazy cook but I come up with wonderful meals every night not because i want to but because my husband expects it.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I am the opposite, I LOVE to cook. Look at magazines like Taste of Home and their many other cooking magazines. One is Simple and Delicious. Also, www.allrecipes.com (you can put in the ingredients that you have and it will bring up recipes). Not meant to be offensive, but Cooking for Dummies may help too. Also, good old Betty Crocker cookbook.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Well, you can see my screenname ... so I guess you know how I feel!

I can cook - I just don't like to!
    ihatetocook

Answer by ihatetocook at 7:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I hate cooking. I love to feed my family healthy foods, so I cook.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yes, I used to work 2nd shift and never got to make suppers, I love feeding my babies supper
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 5:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• why dont you like to cook?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I admit it I am a terrible mom.... since Friday... we have eaten at home one night... and that was subway... which technically I did unwrap put on plates with carrot sticks and applesauce... so that counts as cooking! I never grew up in a home where the mom cooked so I really do not know how to do that kind of stuff and my kids remind me often!
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 5:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Mostly because my cooking does not turn out as good as I would like and sometimes I can't really figure out what goes good together. My poor kids...I know"-)
    novice2008

Comment by novice2008 (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• @kamore I wish sometimes I had a personal chef. I don't enjoy it as much because it seems like so much work which turns out "not so good food," most times. But I make up by keeping a very clean home.
    novice2008

Comment by novice2008 (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would rather bake but I do OK with cooking. I have collected a bunch of easy recipes and keep using them over and over. Bake a whole chicken. Can't really mess that up and then use the leftovers for soup, which is really easy too. You could also do pulled pork which is easy. And roast pork with spplesauce is easy and yummy. Look on Google for easy recipes. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2010