More like looking for support.

My husband is in a horribly rotten mood today and I just need to know I'm not alone and hopefully get some supportive encouragement. How do you ladies deal? He's griping at me now as I write this!!!!ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• Knock him over the head with a frying pan, or send him to bed without dinner!! Works for me. LOL. You have to just accept his PMS (perfect man syndrome) and ignore him as much as possible. Good Luck!
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i just go for a walk and get away from him. go take the baby for a walk along with one of our dogs.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• LOL I am sorry it is a rough day, hon. Tell him you're going window shopping with your BFF at the mall. You will come back when he has had a moment for himself to regroup. Maybe he is stressed and since you're the one around he takes it out on you.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• What's going on in his life?There has to be something,either from his past or his present that's bothering him.I know when I get mad at my spouse,I like to blame him for everything.Deep down I know I made some stupid mistakes,but instead of me taking responsibility for my actions,I blame my husband.Write down all the stuff in your life and then you'll see what is causing all the stress.Work on it from there.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 4:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I just don't respond to him when he gets this way. When he starts complaining and griping and just being a rotten SOB, for no reason anyway, I just try to walk off and tell him later what a jerk he was being. If there is a reason for him to act that way, then I'll let him get it all out with me in earshot....
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 5:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I will get angry at anything and then take it out on my husband because I know that he will not judge me and he will be there for me. If I freak out at work like I want to, I no longer have a job, so my husband hears all of that! I just sit and listen and let it go because I assume he is doing the same thing. After we get it all off our chests, we are better!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I've found that telling him respectfully that his words and actions are hurting you, men strive to be respected (at least mine does) when I'm disrespectful toward him he gets even more pissy with me...but if I tell him nice and calm that he's hurting me by what he's doing, we talk, he calms down and we make up...

if he keeps on being a butt then I just write about it in my private journal, and let it all out...I feel better when I do this then later we talk...
    Allikats-momma

Answer by Allikats-momma at 5:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I have done that with my hubby and he has done that with me. He is my safe person to unload on and I usually tell him later what was really bothering me. Your hubby probably had a really bad day at work like a lot of us do and we unload our day at home. Not that it's right and I am guilty too. I have brought my hubby a peace offering and ask him calmly is there anything I can do and he is putty after that. When I get that way, he gets me a cup of tea and a cookie and ask me what went wrong that day then I am putty . I dunno that's just what works for us. Letting the other one vent then calmly talk about the real issue over the peace offering.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My husband didn't go to work today, he was off. He works shifts and I know they are hard on him. I try to calmly tell him that what he is doing/saying is hurting me and he just brushes it off and continues on his rant. I'll walk away from him but it's hard to do that when we have 3 little ones that I need to usher away from him too. We are having a finanicial issue at this time and I'm stressed about it too. But we are in no way going to loose everything, we just need to get things back on track. Also he can't seem to deal with our kids very well any more. They are 4, 3 and 6 months. Once they are down for the night he is much calmer and it's like nothing happened that day. My word and he wants to have another one!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2008