What's the best anti virus protection for a computer?

We have a Dell. We had Norton and its running out. Cost is a factor. So what do you suggest? I'm not computer savvy either. Your kind reply is appreciated. Thank you!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 5:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have always used Norton. Even when I used to program computers at the school I went to.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Avira is the one I use... it was free!!!! I get offers every day to upgrade but they have a free version that works really well!
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 5:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Norton is HORRIBLE!!!! Norton wiped out my computer. I use AVG free version and have had NO problems. Norton is made for network computers, not home computers. The computer guru that fixed my computer yelled at me for having Norton. Funny thing, I NEVER activated it on my computer, yet it was traced as the reason my computer shut down.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I have used Trend for the past couple of years and have no complaints. It has picked up things Norton or McAfee has missed.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010