Side dishes to go with pasta...

Whenever I make pasta ( like spagetthi, or marzetti ) I always just have garlic bread and salad.... but I am getting tired of the same sides, especially since we have those meals alot since it is the kid's favorites....

Asked by AmericanaQueen at 5:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• What about stuffed mushrooms? Or artichoke spinach dip? Or skewers of grilled vegetables?

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• thats really all there is to have with pasta. lol. do you put meat in your pasta? thats fills you up more. you can put just ground beef, or you can make meatballs, my mom puts meatballs, sausage, and pork in her homemade sauce.
    you switch the salad from ceaser, to house, to antipasto. switch from garlic bread to bread and butter. but besides that, i really dont think anything else goes with pasta...

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• broccoli with cheese is my favorite pasta side :D

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 5:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• We always do broccoli with pasta and my kids mix it in with theirs. My hubby is not that adventurous but somehow it goes.

Answer by Melbornj at 5:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Steamed veggies

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• purplebutterfly - i think you are right lol...

but yeah i already put meat in my sauce, ground beef, and meat balls and sometimes sausage.... and there is meat in the salad too

Comment by AmericanaQueen (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Salad, bread and butter (Fresh Italian bread), peas. Not much goes with pasta.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• zucchini, salad, asparagus...bread

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010