What is/was your menu for the week?

Our week goes Thursday to Wednesday because that's when my DH's check drops and I go shopping. LOL.

Thursday- Enchila Bake

Friday- Baked Cordon Blu Chicken with green beans and herbed potatoe mash

Saturday- Gnocchi with fresh tomatoes, zukini ribbons and a homemade garlic cream sauce

Sunday- Bavarian Kartoffel Salat and Schnitzel (German food) with a green salad.

Monday- Homemade chili over brown rice

Tuesday- Spinach Lasagna

Wednesday- Russian chicken over homemade pasta with salad on the side.

How about you?

katelingerum88

Asked by katelingerum88 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• my SO works overnight and has a messed up sleep schedule, so he doesnt get to eat dinner with us that often. im on a diet so i didnt eat the same thing as him and my son so usually were not eating the same things at the same time. for example, today i had baked chicken breast with salad, and i made him and my son penne ala vodka and garlic bread.
    my son is also teething so hes hasnt been eating that much these past few days. yesterday i couldnt even get him to eat dinner. i finally got him to eat some fruity cheerios at like 9 at night.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Last night i made beef stroganoff, the night before shoot...lol, i can't remember...what did we have? OH, i remember. I had some homeade pasta sauce in the freezer, so we warmed that up & had pasta w/ bread & salad. I was sick over the weekend, so i made chicken soup & we ate on that Fri & Saturday.

Tonight, I'm making pork chops, homemade mac & cheese & maybe a salad...something green whatever it is.
    Tomorrow, i'm maing ribs, cole slaw & baked beans. Was going to make them tonight, but forgot to make the slaw earlier today
    Friday we're having hawaiian chicken with corn on the cobb & something else, have not decided yet.
    Starting over Saturday, not sure what the menu will be for next week, i have some ground beef int he freezer i need to use though.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I buy grocerys for Saturday through Thursday DH gets paid on Friday. I pick what I want to eat for the week write it down, but I don't make them in any order. Although last Saturday we bought meat this time at an actual meat store so we got a really good deal 50 pounds of meat for 139.00 so we still have a freezer full of stuff. But we did have Sunday was stuffed pepers, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Monday we ate at my grandparents for a family cook out and then yesterday was hamburger helper and today is roast, potatoes and carrots tomorrow might be steaks, greens beans and baked potatoes.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• So far it has been ..

Monday: Stovetop Seasoned Chicken, Shells and Cheese, and Stuffing.
    Tuesday: Mashed potatoes, Cubed Chicken, With Roasted Turkey Gravy.
    Tonight .. I'm not sure.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Purple-

I'm on a diet too. My doctor has me eating 1600 calories a day because my 14 month old still nurses a couple of times a day. All of the recipes I mentioned above are low fat if you ever get tired of baked chicken and salad let me know...I would be glad to share my recipes. They are all good too so my family never even knows they're low fat. :)
    katelingerum88

Comment by katelingerum88 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• **CORRECTION...all the recipes except the german food are low fat. :)
    katelingerum88

Comment by katelingerum88 (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• thank you! i would love some lowfat recipies but i dont calorie count. i tried that for a month or so after i had my son, i ate normal things just portion controled and use whole grain pastas, brown rice, etc. but it didnt work. i didnt even loose 1 pound. and this isnt the first time ive lost a good amount of weight in my life. the only thing that seems to work for me, is a no carb diet. no breaded chicken, no pasta not even whole grain, no potatoes. just fruit, protein, and salad. plus i dont like veggies except for corn and broccoli if it has a sauce on it. after i tried the calorie counting, i went back on my no carb diet since it wasnt working and i lost 15 pounds. before i had my son, i had gained weight and did a no carb diet and lost 50 pounds. with exercise.. and i have a couple cheat days a week where i eat whatever i want. i dont only eat chicken though, i eat turkey, deli meat, mozz cheese, eggs, tuna fish, pork,
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• and beef, steak. i also dont usually go all out with making dinners since my SO isnt here to eat them with, and my son is only 15 months so he doesnt eat much.
    but i would love to know your recipie for baked cordon blue. wonder how it would taste if the chicken wasnt breaded...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I usually use shake and bake or whole wheat bread crumbs but that could easily be ommitted. I use the low fat laughing cow swiss cheese. Cut the chicken breast in half long ways to make a top and bottom. Try not to cut all the way through the chicken so that the two pieces stat connected. Spread both sides of the chicken with the cheese. Use 1 triangle per chicken breast. Then put 3 slices of 98% fat free smoked ham on the chicken and close the side back together so that the ham and cheese is sandwhiched between the top and bottom of the chicken breast.

Since you are not using the bread crumbs I would LIGHTLY brush the top of the chicken with a small amount of olive oil. Bake at 375 about 20-25 minutes of until chicken is cooked through.

katelingerum88

Comment by katelingerum88 (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010