as a pregnant woman, should i let the doctor know?

Being pregnant, should we let our doctors know EVERYTIME we are sick???

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 4:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it depends on HOW sick you are ;) if you are so sick that you need medication, then yes.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I didn't let my doc know if I had a cold, if I had a severe flu, I would. Sore throat, no way.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Cough and cold that I treated with fluids and rest, no. if I was concerned about dehydration or was unable to keep down food, then yes. I think if it is easily self treatable and you know you aren't doing anything to harm the baby, then you don't neccesarily need to say anything.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I dont but I am supposed to just because I am so prone to strep, but I get it so often it doenst affect me like it affets most people. I am almost immune to it. If it were to get out of control and I didnt feel better in a few days I would call just to see what they advise, but I avoid the doc unless I feel I or the baby have any real threats. Lots of water/juices and sleep should do the body some good.:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• WOW my fingers have a mind of their own with the keyboard today lol. Doesn't- affects
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Mehh. I haven't told my doctor about every little puking incident or cold. He doesn't even ask me, lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• hunny with that stuffy cold stuff u got going on tell him at ur next appt.. i definatly would if i were u maybe he can help u with some home remedys
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2008