What Home Remedy is Good For a Toothache?

My tooth is really bothering me today. Any suggestions?

AdrianaS

Asked by AdrianaS at 5:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Health

• any over the counter pain medication should work just fine.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Peroxide mixed half and half with warmish water. Swish it around for about a minute and than rinse with plenty of plain water or brush.

I've cleared an actual abscessed mess with just peroxide. Most dentists will recommend salt water because the taste of peroxide bothers a lot of people. Salt water gags me, and mixing the peroxide yourself is a lot cheaper than purchasing the glyoxide they sell OTC. After only two rinses you should notice a lot of pain relief.

Clove oil works too, although it won't clear any infection, it just works on the pain.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• pick up the phone and call a dentist, make appointment and go.

seriously, the longer you wait the worse it is, for your health and your pocket book. and with certain infections the pain going away is bad, it means dead tissue.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 8:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2010