To kind of go along with my last question...when's the last time you let your partner know he was appreciated, and what did you do to show it?

I periodically like to do something special to let my man know that he is appreciated and loved. I think the last thing I did was make a romantic, candle-light dinner (one of his favorite, crab legs, salad, and breadsticks) (after the kids were in bed) and then led him to the bedroom to play a romantic board game (A Hot Affair). lol. I also like to leave him little notes. Anyways, what's the last thing you did to let your man know he was appreciated?

Kword

Asked by Kword at 5:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I show him and tell him everyday because I DO appreciate him so much. My husband commutes 2 hours to and 2 hours from his job everyday to provide for us and he goes to school part time. Words cannot possibly express how thankful I am for my husband.

I cook good meals for him that are his favorites and make sure it's hot when he gets home. I make sure he has clean clothes and a clean house to come home to.

I buy special things for him that I know he likes to show that I was thinking of him. A lot of times they are just small things but they are special enough to know that I love him. For example I ordered a hand gun magazine for him a while back. It's small and probably not a gift anyone else we know would think of for him but he really liked it.

He does the same kind of things for me. I think they are important.
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I know my hubby works super hard to provide for us. He's great at what he does, but his job still really stresses him out sometimes. He only works about three minutes from where we live, so periodically I'll take him breakfast from McDonald's, or we'll meet him for lunch (they have a picnic table outside) if it's nice out. Plus, just outright telling him, " I really appreciate that you work so hard to provide for our family so that I can stay home with the kids and not have to work". Doing things is nice, but sometimes all it takes is a little spoken appreciation.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I show him all the time cuz he does alot for me. I make cook for him or I just get him a card. Or I just do simple things for him
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I always make sure to tell him that I appreciate all that he does. For example, the normal things he does like cooking, I still thank him for it even when "it's no big deal".
    there are a lot of thank you's in this home from doing laundry to taking out the trash. It's not assumed that one person is responsible for a particular thing so we thank each other when the do it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• We tell each other probably daily how lucky we are to be in love and happy - sounds corny maybe but its true - we give each other flowers, cards, thank each other for doing chores, pick up the slack for each other in household area's / errands - the other night I attacked him which is always his favorite way of me showing him lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I tell him all the time, and show him by doing his favorite thing for him.. I'm sure if you use your imagination you can figure out what that is... Gotta keep him happy, and I don't think a card, or a favorite meal cuts it... At least not my Man,lol...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I sent him a text today telling him I loved him and I appreciate him for who he is and what he brings to my life.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 6:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2010