New to wesley chapel, fl area and am in need of a divorce attorney. Ex is threatening me with seeking sole custody because of an alleged extramarital affair. The ex is a convicted felon and has a history of domestic violence. Want to return to home state, but afraid if I file for divorce in Florida, won't be able to relocate with the children. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• he does not have a chance in hell.. The judge will look at his record and if he has one it goes against him big time.. I live in maine so i cant help with the atterny part but try googling it or looking in the phone book
    Wassybear

Answer by Wassybear at 5:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I don't have any leads for you on the attorney, but don't let him scare you. You have more power than you think. These abusive men will say anything to have our heads all messed up! Stay strong and confident. You will get through this. If he has felony on his record, he doesn't stand a chance against you for sole custody. Don't worry about that. As far as the relocating out of state, start doing your research online. There should be all kinds of info about custody laws for the state of Florida.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 5:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Relocate and then file when your a resident in the new state usually takes 6 months. With his record you will most likely end up with full custody and him with some sort of visitation.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Check with an attorney before you do anything. You have a lot more power than you know. There should be plenty in your area.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• OK AS MUCH AS I HATE TO SAY THIS PLEASE DONT LEAVE STATE WITH YOUR CHILDREN CAUSE BY LAW HE CAN GET YOU FOR KIDNAPPING.. BELIEVE ME I KNOW.. WHAT I CAN TELL YOU TO DO IS IF HE IS THREATENING YOU PUT A RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST HIM THEN PUT HIM IN JAIL IF HE BOTHERS YOU.. ALSO IF HE DOESENT HAVE ANY CHARGES AGAINST KIDS THEY WILL STILL LET HIM SEE THEM.. IF THAT HAPPENS ASK THE JUDGE FOR HIM TO HAVE SUPERVISED VISITS AND SEE IF HE CAN SEE THEM AT A SOCIAL SERVICE BUILDING OR SOMETHING.. GOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND YOUR BABIES..
    mommasboys001

Answer by mommasboys001 at 1:28 AM on Oct. 15, 2008