Any Good Books?

I love to read. Have you read any good books recently that you would recommend?

Nsbgirl

Asked by Nsbgirl at 5:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I really liked, "The Miracle of Ordinary Days", by Ann Howard Creel.
    merryheart

Answer by merryheart at 5:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I have just started reading the Mitford book series by Jan Karon. I accidently ran across it when I was going to take adriving trip by myself and went to the library to find a good book on CD. The first book is At Home in Mitford. If you can find the book on CD it is a great way to start the series. It is done by Focus on the Family Reader's Theater and it really brings the characters to life. I am in the second book now, A Light in the Window, and I can still hear their heart warming voices in my head from the CDs.
    GodMom222

Answer by GodMom222 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• The Girls by Lori Lansens, Didn't I Feed You Yesterday by Laura Bennett (though if you are one of those uptight helicopter moms or you hate foul language, then that book is not for you)
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• No - sorry, it's called "The Magic of Ordinary Days"
    merryheart

Answer by merryheart at 7:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I try to read often, to help encourage my boys to read (my oldest has to read 4 AR books per quarter for Language Arts).

Last ones I've read: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire(Stieg Larsson), Velocity (Dean Koontz), Jurassic Park (Michael Crichton), Cat's Claw (Amber Benson). I also have a stash of old John Saul novels I got for free that I'm going through - but I'm finding his work rather formulaic and repetitive, rather like a male V.C. Andrews)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It depends what genre(s) you enjoy.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 11:58 AM on Sep. 9, 2010