What do you like about your job? Or, if you hate your job, what one thing about it can you tolerate?

merryheart

Asked by merryheart at 5:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I really can't stand my job anymore...Of course a lot of that could be because I got my Business degree almost 2yrs ago and have yet to be able to find a new career job (not just a job to pay the bills). The only thing I can stand right now is the friends that I've made there.
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 5:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My boss talks CONSTANTLY... she has a story for everything. Luckily, I get paid to listen to her, but I would much rather just work.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 5:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I hate the tedium, but I love that I'm able to sit back and listen to audio books or the radio. I like that I don't have to deal with people. We are in our own little worlds just doing our job. There is no drama, no politics. Just work, and my imagination.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I love that I'm able to bring my dd with me! I love that the family I nanny for appreciate me. I love that I get Mondays and Fridays off. Heck, I'm lucky, the only thing I have to complain about is that I have to get up at the butt crack of dawn. But I'm willing to do that to work a job I love!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I'm a hotel housekeeper, so to say what I love about my job is that I enjoy helping others and meeting people from all walks of life. To say what I don't like about my job is that some guests are SO DISRESPECTFUL!!!! For example, last weekend, a guest trashed the room, and didn't realize I heard his companion say "the room is the housekeeper's problem now, not ours." I so wanted to confront her about this, but then I realized that would have brought me down to her level. That does not happen! I'm more mature than that!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2010