Did you name you child(ren) after friends or family?

My oldest daughter has the same middle name as me and my youngest daughter's middle name is the female form of her father's name.

Nsbgirl

Asked by Nsbgirl at 5:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Baby Names

• my son has his fathers first name which is also his fathers fathers first name, and his middle name is my fathers middle name, and my grandfathers name.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I am named after both my parents...My name is Danielle Lyn....Dad's name is Daniel and mom's name is Lynda. My brother is named after grandparents. My nephew's name is Allyn, and both my husband and father-in-law's middle names are Allyn. I plan to name my son (when/if I have one) with a middle name of Daniel (both grandfathers are named Daniel) and I plan to name my daughter (when/if I have one) Caitlyn...the -lyn part will be after my middle name, my mom's name, and I think my mother-in-laws middle name also...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 5:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Middle name is past down with variations. My grandmother's name was Minnie Belle, I'm Robin Labelle, my DD is Sierra Belle.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• the way i spelled both my daughters name they're after me.. my middle name is lee(and their dad.. but we aren't together so i say its after me lol).. and i spelled their names hailee and emilee..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Dd is named after 2 great grandmothers. Evelyn, after my grandma, and Monique after dh's grandma.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My daughter is named after my great grandmother. My oldest son is named after a favorite cousin. My middle son is named after my brother and my youngest son's middle name is in honor of a dear friend who passed away.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 6:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Nope! We wanted our DD to have a name that she didn't have to share with a family member! Hence Audrey (first name after Audrey Hepburn, her movies hold a special place in the memory banks for my mother and me) and Rachel (middle name, after a character in DH and my favorite book series who shares a last name with us)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 6:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• yes my sone has daddys name only we switched the first an middle around an my dd was born the day my maw maw died only two years after she passes away for i gave her my maw maws first name as dd's middle .
    davecswife

Answer by davecswife at 6:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Nope
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• DD middle name is Carlene, after my Great-Great Grandma that I was close to.
    It was hard to convince dh to use such "an old name" ..
    Next time he gets to chose the next kids middle name.. lol.. Naming kids are so hard!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2010