Neti Pot

So who has a neti pot? I just bought myself one and it works freakin wonders. What do you all think that own one? For those that have allergies or sinus probelms or even a cold, then you definitly need to go out and buy one! I LOVE my neti pot!

mommyjones

Asked by mommyjones at 5:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Health

• In the Freebies group here, they had an offer for a free Neti pot and some kind of powder (saline). I got one. I have yet to open it. I just cannot imagine pouring water up my nose. I put it in the cabinet. I will probably mail it to my daughter who is far more daring then I am.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 5:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It doesn't hurt at all. It works wonders, I just feels like water is running in your nose, just don't breathe through your nose, you breathe through your mouth. It feels so good after!
    mommyjones

Comment by mommyjones (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• they are amazing arent they! its because it doesnt just clear your nose, it clears out your entire sinus cavity and you will feelamazing after using it!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Would like to try the Neti Pot
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I LOVE my neti pot and during the flu season I use it daily (sometimes twice a day) and also do a saline gargle. I also make the kids gargle with saline when we brush teeth. Have yet to get a cold or flu since I started doing this. My son is in kindergarten this year though so we will see what he brings home and how we handle it! You can do a nasal flush without a neti pot though if you can't afford a neti pot. You can also make your own saline. I used to before buying my pot.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My friend lives by hers she has really bad allergies, but just can bring my self to use one.
    hollinicole

Answer by hollinicole at 9:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Fear is sooo natural before starting out. The good news is that the neti pot really works. I worked myself up by reading some great FAQs and the support of folks over here:
    http://www.healthandyoga.com/html/neti/jalaneti_faq.asp
    One piece of advise... start out when you DON'T have a cold. It's so much easier to get the hang of it.
    Jemima597

Answer by Jemima597 at 3:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2010