Should I tell him or wait?

So I took a EPT test today and it was a strong +. But I'm hesitant to tell Dh until I've confirmed it with the doctor. I've had false positives before and I've miscarried before. So I'm hesitant to say anything right now. I know I don't want DD to know until later. I don't want her to be upset if I have a m/c or I'm wrong. But should I tell DH? Part of me says wait till I see the doc, part of me wants to scream it when he gets home. I don't know... He'll be happy, but it will also add more worry too.

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 5:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• He is your husband... he has the right to know, to help you through anything you go through, and to be there when you need him. I would tell him if it were me.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 5:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't be able to NOT tell my husband...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would Tell him not saying you'll mc again but what if he doesn't know and you do? I've. Mc multiple times I always told everyone as soon as I knew so we could enjoy the pregnancy as long at it lasted together :)
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I hate all the fuss though and if I m/c believe me he'd fuss! Those false positives might have been early m/c. I don't know because I never went to the doc. I keep track of every cycle so I know to the day when I'm late and I often wait only one or two days to test. I'm always hoping it is positive but normally its not. I think at least one of those false pos was actually an early m/c though. So if I m/c and he doesn't know I'd just be saving one of us heartache. He has enough without adding more.
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Btw, he's bipolar. So its not really just heartache. Its depression I'd like to avoid if at all possible. In a perfect world it would be great to have him to lean on if and when the worst happens. But I know it would cause far more hurt than good. I'm strong enough for the both of us.
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Than wait.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 5:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2010