Does anyone have or has had a Spouse who talks too Much?

What I mean is does your DH tell everyone any and everything that is going on with him or with you and your relationship? From trivial to major, But seems to always censure what he tells you, if you find out about it at all? I need your thoughts and stories & advice for this one because DH has been doing this to me for the past 4 years and it's to the point now where we can't even have an arguement without other people knowing about it. I'm so sick of this. I've told him this honestly from the 1st time it's happened and how it makes me feel, that it needs to stop. But I am still singing the same song. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband is this way, at least with a few people. But, I have to say, it has gotten better. Have you asked him how he would feel if you went and blabbed about your every argument with everyone you know? My husband was GREAT at bashing me to my own family- but my mom was actually the one who put a stop to that. Do you know anyone well that he tells these things to? Maybe one of them could say something to him? I think it finally clicked with him that not only was he upsetting me, but he was upsetting my family too. They all know that I'm not perfect, they don't need to hear him airing our dirty laundry to all of them. They love me regardless, and my mom just basically told him that. There's no need for all the play-by-plays. You have to keep your relationship details between the two of you.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• He needs help learning what healthy boundaries are ... but unless he's open to learning, there really isn't much you can do.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 5:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My exhusband was like that. Never really got through to him.
    My current dh tried once to get his room mate in on an arguement we were having over the phone. I told him if he wanted to continue to talk to me about our relationship that was fine. If he wanted to talk to his room mate about our relationship, there wouldn't be one. There are some things that happens between a couple that should stay there. My exhusband told anyone who would listen about our sex life. My BIL told me soooo much about me after I divorced his brother.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 6:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My DF only talks to 2 or 3 of him guy friends about our relationship
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yep..dh told everyone he knew as far as his friends go when weseparated..and got pissed at ne when I talked to my mom about it.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 7:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yeah had they never change.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010