Travel Tips with 3 year old boy (air travel) please?

Tomorrow AM I am having to drive my son, self, and other family members to San Antonio airport to fly out to Atlanta GA for family wedding... Last time we traveled son was 6.5 months and now is 3.5 years old!!

rjsmom199

Asked by rjsmom199 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Travel

• We've never flown, so I'm not sure what the regulations are for what you take on the plane, but when we take long trips I hit Dollar Tree and fill a cheap tote bag with a few toys, snacks, a couple of coloring books, and some crayons for each child. It's all new stuff so they're excited, and plus I usually let them pack one or two favoites from home in it as well.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 5:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• find a little back pak he can carry and put QUIET little toys he can play with on the plane... puzzles, cars, matching games etc. for the car ride bring clear liquid he can drink so he wont look like a train wreck when you get there.. on the plane try for a sprite. avoid apple juice since it may cause diareha and could be even worse than normal because of the altitude and change in enviroment. if you are ok with giving him gum on the plane then do so. make it fun for him and he'll probably do alot better than you think. point things out on the drive.. teach him tic tac toe on the plane.. try and teach him his phone number, birthday, age, etc on the plane.. anything will be fun for him :) good luck
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 5:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Remember colorforms? They work great on an airplane window. I would also take little toys and surprises and wrap them in tinfoil or toilet paper, this adds time for the unwrapping and builds excitement. toys r us has kids tape players with headphones and you can get kids music or Disney stories.
    ogielove

Answer by ogielove at 2:44 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Snacks and portable dvd player. I had to fly from WA to TX with my 4yo by myself and these two things were a life saver. Also I bought some books and coloring stuff at the $$ Tree before hand so when we got on the flight he had new items to play with.
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2008