Safe Make-Up for Little Ones?

Is there any kiddie make-up out there that is geared toward girls UNDER the age of 3?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 4:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My mother used to give me her empty loose powder compacts filled with baby powder. However, 20 years ago there wasn't as many hypoallergenic options. I am sure you can get some of those hypoallergenic ones that I have seen advertised...if only I could remember the name of them! They are designed for sensitive skin and should be safer than the traditional.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• But why?
    Anonymous

• maybe she wants to use it for halloween! :) dont be so judgemental!!

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Ummmm...because I have a 2 year old who is constantly yelling to wear my make-up. I would like to get her some of her own.

Didn't know I needed a "why."
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 4:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• oh LOL
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• they have natural mineral make up pretty cheap at most stores like walmart.. wont hurt her face and is easy to wash out of clothes if she gets too happy with it lol... my daughter is the same way about lip gloss.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 5:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Get some pressed mineral powder and some VERY light eyeshadow and maybe some light pink lip gloss? I use to babysit and my niece harassed me daily so I got some almost translucent, barely visible eye shadow for her to wear (When she puts it on she LOADS it on so it's not that noticeable when it's light) I also had some clear Cover Girl Mascara (That was actually mine) but sometimes I'd put it on her because you can't really see it and when it washes off it's clear. They have these little N.Y.C Eye shadow tubes that I got at Wal-Mart in a very light color. The pressed powder and mineral make-up is near it. I found the clear mascara at Dollar General.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I remember when I was little I got the "pretend" make-up from the toy isle at the grocery store...It was all plastic, but still fun to pretend I guess, lol. Or is she beyond that? My 9 yr old is already bringing up makeup on a weekly basis. I try and promote things like "LipSmackers" and the fun body sprays in fun scents like "Cotton Candy" and "Vanilla Cupcake"...Let's see how long this lasts...lol
    NICNLV

Answer by NICNLV at 4:08 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My niece does flavored chapstick and the cotton candy type sprays. She also got some white eyeshadow for her birthday that you can't see. She likes the chapstick because she thinks it is something special and it helps ensure that she uses it for the sake of her lips!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2008