my plate vs his plate

My 2 year old keeps trying to switch plates with me. we eat the exact same thing but he throws a fit because i won't let him eat off of my plate. this has been going on for about a month now. i totally dread mealtimes with him because its just going to be a screaming fit over 'no want mommy's plate!' or 'no that's mine!' even after explaining 15 million times that mommy has chicken and rice and davey has chicken and rice. and of course, he doesn't do this to my husband. i could be eating a plate of cold asparagus and my husband could have a huge slice of chocolate cake and d would STILL want what i was eating.

erinwhitt

Asked by erinwhitt at 6:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OMG LOL I'd just switch with him or make your plate small and his big knowing you will switch soon he will see its not a battle and quit it. I do think its funny though....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• ugh we've been eating off the same kind of plates for like 2 weeks. sometimes i'm tempted to switch but i don't want him to think that throwing a fit is going to get him his way. i just keep trying to remember that this is a phase and it'll pass...but i wish it would pass more quickly!!
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• aww your right about not giving in to fits...sometimes we do choose our battles but you do want him to mind...Its kinda cute..sorry!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Lol its ok. I'd think it was cute too if I didn't have to deal with it constantly lol.
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• take him away from the table and put him in a safe time out. tell him he can come back to the table when he stops yelling and crying. i tell my son not to "act ugly" and it helps took a while but now works like a charm
    sami07

Answer by sami07 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 10, 2010