do you ever raise your voice at your kids knowing that what your about to say will sound so dumb?!

I had to punish dd today for throwing a metal spoon at a glass table, well I told her to pick it up and she did. But than she started to play with it and I ended up yelling don't put that spoon on your nose! Lmbo!! I had to hid in the kitchen once I took it away and laugh silently.

DonnaPinitonya

Asked by DonnaPinitonya at 6:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol.. Yes. Most recently I got frustrated with my 2yo ds. He was in the living room playing and I was in the kitchen cleaning out the fridge. Well, when I moved the milk I found his bright orange squirt gun. I asked him calmly to come get it. I was answered with a "just a minute mom!" I waited a moment or two and he still hadn't come to get it. I asked again, this time a little more stern. That's when I got the (in his 'I'm very annoyed voice') "HOLD ON!". At that point I was a little upset with him since his tone of voice was very uncalled for. I went to the doorway of the living room, stood there a second and in a very stern voice said, "Logan Robert..." he turned and looked at me and said "what?" I almost couldn't get the next words out of my mouth with a straight face. (Again, in a very stern voice so he knew I was serious) "Please get in here and get your squirt gun out of the fridge!" Ridiculous!! lol
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 6:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Hahaha all the time, lol.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 6:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yes and my kids are old enough to hold the negative statements that I made against me.
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 6:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Oh I tell my kid to get your fingers out of the toilet, leave the dog food alone, leave the trash in the trash can, don't put your books in the refrigerator, etc. etc. on a daily basis!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I used to catch myself saying the craziest things like "DON'T HURT THE PURPLE DINOSAUR, CAN YOU NOT PUT THAT PLASTIC EYEBALL IN YOUR MOUTH, STOP BONKING YOUR SISTER ON THE HEAD WITH THAT PLASTIC HAMMER" - stuff like that.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My dd has 2 imaginary friends...named Ding-Ding & Jon-Jon....
    Friday I was wanting her to pick up her barbie stuff off the floor.. After repeating myself a few times while trying to get dressed... I blurted out:
    " If you dont clean up this mess Ding-Ding & Jon-Jon are going to have to go home!"
    AHhhhhhh.. LMAO!! Did I just say that to my kid!? Exactly how would I make these 2 invisibles go away?
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• "Audrey, do not put cereal in daddy's shoes!!!" Yes, I know what you're talking about!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 6:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• LMAO!!! I do that all the time
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2010