OMG!!! I just found out that i'm expecting identical quadruplets!!! What now???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i thought you couldnt tell they were identical until they were born?????
    Anonymous

• I would cry....
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 4:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• so how far along are you??? And that means you have one egg split four times right. How can you tell thier identical
    Anonymous

• i would be excited!! thats awesome more babies to love on!!!!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• If they are all in the same sac they will be identical to anonymous.
    I would definately get everyone you know on board toy help you and your hubby out. you will need it. Both financially and physically. Start buying diapers. I imagine you will not want to breastfeed that many (more power to you if you are) Start buying formula otherwise. Yeah, I am just making stuff up -I have no idea what I would do. That is a lot to take in for me even...I can only imagine how you feel.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I think if they are in the same sac and sharing the same placenta they are identical, I know the doc could tell us our twins were not identical because they had seperate sacs and placentas. I am not an expert though, so dont quote me on that.....

You pick yourself up off the floor, regain composure, take a deep breath and realize every baby is such a blessing! And you can do it....
    Good luck to you!!!! My prayers are with you!
    lovemytwinshk

Answer by lovemytwinshk at 4:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My guess is you had infertility treatment has 2 eggs fertilize and then they both split since they can tell they are identical....congrats!!! How exciting and overwhelming. My best advice honestly is if someone offers help, ANYONE, take it. Those lil breaks are going to make your life so much easier :) Secondly, congrats, as you are definitely blessed! Take care of yourself throughout your pregnancy, and enjoy it, as it doesn't happen to many people :)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 5:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Considering the odds of such a pregnancy are statistically 1 in 13 million, I'd play the lotto!
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Start buying more stuff that's what you do!! LOL I would be shopping and crying at the same time..... I feel for you. I could barely handle one newborn let alone 4. AHHH Oh but it will be fun.... in a couple years. Good luck and congrats!
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 5:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Congrats!!!!!! Good Luck.
    And what you do is what all mothers do for their kids. You do whatever you have to do to keep those babies alive and well and happy.
    Anonymous