What is the earliest a baby starts to teeth?

My daughter is only 11 weeks, but naws on her hands and my fingers all the time. Is this just something to do, or is this a sign of teething?

Shelle73

Asked by Shelle73 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some babies are born with teeth. When my daughter was like 10 weeks old, we had a doctor say that she was starting to teeth but that it could be anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months before we saw any actual teeth. She cut her first tooth when she was 4 months and now at 8 months has two completely in and her top four are all pushing up. Those ones are gonna fun, I think they are all gonna be one right after another!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• my son just turned 3 months old and has been trying to devower his hands for the past 4 weeks or so.. i can see some little white buds trying to come it but it may still be a while before they actually pop thru.... invest in some teether rings or freeze a washcloth for her to chew on. if she gets fussy a little baby tylenol will help mellow her out... there are also teething tablets you can put under her tounge to help and also baby oragel. good luck...
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 5:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• my son got all four front ones just before he turned 5 months but nothing is wrong if it happens earlier some kids just get them eary
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 5:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Before birth through sometime in the first year are all normal. All you can really say is a child will have teeth by the time he turns 2.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• my boy started at about 3 months and had his two front teeth at about 4 1/2 months
    e.rodriguez82

Answer by e.rodriguez82 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008